Two-time Formula One World Champion, 24 Hours of Le Mans and Rolex 24 at Daytona-winner Fernando Alonso and Logitech G, the leading innovator of gaming technologies and products, today introduced a Season 2 FA Racing Logitech G esports team that will participate in global esports competitions across a variety of platforms and games, including: iRacing, Project Cars 2, Gran Turismo, rFactor2 and DiRT 2.0.
This is the second year of the partnership between FA Racing and Logitech G, and today's announcement highlights the shared vision and commitment to advance simracing, develop the best gear and technologies for racing enthusiasts and to celebrate the skill, passion and competition of top drivers.
By partnering with Logitech G, the FA Racing team will compete using Logitech G equipment, and will be integrated into the design and development process for new Logitech G products and technologies.
“I”m excited to introduce a team of dedicated, talented drivers to represent my team for the 2019 season,” said Fernando Alonso, team owner. “I have hand selected some great young talent who are ready to continue bringing success to the team. Logitech G will continue to be our partner, providing us with all the necessary gaming equipment and technologies so we can be fully prepared for our second season of racing and beyond. Also during this season, we’ll announce new exciting partnerships and global projects that will expand our team footprint worldwide.”
The first big addition to the team is British F3 race winner, MRF Series champion and W-Series driver: Jamie Chadwick. Chadwick will combine her on-track success with esports, competing in iRacing with the team.
“Simracing has closed the gap on real formula racing when it comes to strategy, competition and skill.” Jamie Chadwick explained. “Joining the team with Alonso, with my other great teammates, will allow me to leverage my behind-the-wheel experience and formula racing skill set to compete in one of the fastest growing, competitive esports categories. With the help of my teammates, we are pushing to bring a championship to FA Racing.”
In addition to Chadwick, the athletes that have confirmed their participation on the Alonso FA Racing global esports team, include:
- Diego Ruiloba - Over the 2018 Ruiloba solidified his position as one of the top Spanish racers by competing and winning multiple qualifiers and championship finals. Diego is natural talent and winner of FA Racing Liberbank Challenge in 2018, the scouting platform of the team in the Spanish market.
- Xiang Gao - The 26-year-old from China brings 10 years of simracing and six years of road car racing experience to the team. He was a 2018 McLaren Shadow Grand Finalist.
- Matt Malone - One of the biggest, most popular iRacing streamers in North America. His play-by-play can be seen on YouTube, TWITCH and more.
- Alexander Dornieden - 24-year-old professional simracer from Germany and esports WTCC Champion.
- Ebrahim Almubarak - A strong simracer across many titles, Almubarak made his name at the McLaren Shadow Grand Finals by dominating the Middle Eastern qualifiers.
- Kristian Kwietniewski - This 25-year-old came on the scene in 2018 by outperforming all challengers at the Logitech G Challenge in Europe to earn a spot in the McLaren Shadow semi-final in 2018.
“Simracing is a fast-growing genre and to stay in front you need to be in front,” stated Vincent Borel, Head of Gaming Simulation for Logitech G. "Working with Fernando and his racing team, we will help showcase how special simracing is and partner with the team to create the best racing gaming equipment on the market”
About Fernando Alonso
Pushing boundaries and reaching the incredible is something one could say about Fernando Alonso. After establishing the passion for karting at young age, in 1996 he proved his ambition and skill becoming World Karting Champion. His talent was soon noticed and he started his long-lasting Formula One relationship with two Formula One Championship titles in 2005 and 2006, becoming the youngest holder of the title at the time and defending it in a consecutive year. Currently Fernando is racing for Toyota in the World Endurance Championship and with McLaren in this year’s Indy500.
About Logitech G
Logitech G, a brand of Logitech International, is the global leader in PC and console gaming gear. Logitech G is providing gamers of all levels with industry-leading keyboards, mice, headsets, mousepads and simulation products including wheels and flight sticks, all made possible through innovative design, advanced technologies and a deep passion for gaming. Founded in 1981, and headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI). Find Logitech G at logitechG.com, the company blog or @LogitechG.
Logitech and other Logitech marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Logitech Europe S.A and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For more information about Logitech and its products, visit the company’s website at logitech.com.